Last updated: May 18, 2020
This Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) applies to the website located at www.forallsecure.com (the “Site”) and all services offered by ForAllSecure through the Site except for those services governed by a more specific privacy notice. We take your privacy seriously. This Notice provides you with information on how we collect, gather, and use information we may obtain about you during your visit to our Site and in the context of interactions with our company.
We collect and process personal and/or business data relating to Site visitors, purchasers of services, and others who interact with our organization or use our Site. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use the data and to meeting privacy and data protection obligations. Please note that this Notice does not apply to the use of data by third-party businesses or services whose services are accessible via a link on or an integration with our Site.
This information may be expanded or updated as we change or develop our Site. We suggest that you review this policy from time to time for updated information. Your continued use of the Site signifies your acceptance of our Website Terms of Service and your notice of and consent to the practices described in this Notice.
What information do we collect?
ForAllSecure collects information from Site visitors, customers, and others in a few ways described in this section. Specifically, we collect the following categories of data:
- Personal Information: In the course of using the Site, we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, company address, billing address, and phone number.
- Non-Identifying Information: We also may collect other information, such as zip codes, demographic data, information regarding your use of the Site, and general data (“Non-Identifying Information”). We may aggregate information collected from all users, and in some cases, we may render Personal Information into a form of Non-Identifying Information that does not identify you directly.
- Please note that the Site is for a general business audience and intended for users age 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone younger than age 18. If we become aware that if a child younger than 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child younger than age 18 and believe that we have collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we collect information?
- From you. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, entering into a contract with us for services, and requesting information or support or reporting problems with our Site. When you conduct search queries on the Site you also submit that information to us.
- From automated processes and technologies. This information includes details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, logs, and other connection data and the resources that you access and use on the Site. Automated technologies can also provide information about your computer and internet connection, including your device type, software or browser, IP address, operating system, and browser type and version. It can also include a unique device identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any device (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) used to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned or connected to the device you use to access the Site, and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third-party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access the Site.
- From third parties. Other parties, such as our service providers and event partners, may provide certain Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information. For example, when you register for an event organized by an event partner of ForAllSecure, your registration data may be shared with us by the event partner. If you interact with a service provided to us on our platform by a third party, that party may share information with us to enable us and the service provider to better provide services to you and other users or customers.
How do we use the data?
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including in your ForAllSecure account and on other information technology systems (including email) owned or controlled by us. We use the information we collect for purposes such as improving the content of the Site, providing the services requested by you or your affiliates, and improving your user experience. We also use the information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To make decisions about hiring and recruitment, should you apply for a position with our organization or an affiliate or a service provider.
- To determine what content on our Site you may be most interested in.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To provide you with the information, products, or services that you or your affiliates request from us, and to enable you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To detect, protect against, and prosecute privacy and security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or for which you provide consent.
- To contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Your use of this Site indicates your agreement with the use of the cookies described below. If you do not agree with our use of these technologies, do not use this Site for any reason, and please contact us at email@example.com.
Necessary cookies. These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing areas secured by user credentials. Without these cookies, we might not be able to provide or offer some services you may request.
Analytics and measurement. These cookies enable the collection of information about your use of the content, and are combined with previously collected information, to measure, understand, and report on your usage of the service.
Targeting cookies. These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a website and this information may be shared with other organizations such as advertisers. This means after you have been to the Site you may see some advertisements about our services elsewhere on the Internet.
Matching/ linking data. These cookies combine data from offline sources that were initially collected in other contexts and allow processing of a user’s data to connect such user across multiple devices.
Geolocation cookies. These cookies allow processing of a user’s precise geographic location data in support of a purpose for which the cookie installer has consent.
Do Not Track. Please note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. Like many websites and online services, ForAllSecure does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org.
With whom does ForAllSecure share your information?
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, or to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To third parties who assist us in fulfilling the purpose(s) for which you provide it, including marketing our products or services to you or enabling you to engage in providing services to other users or our customers.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Site, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
ForAllSecure does not sell any personal data subject to this Privacy Notice for any reason, and it does not exchange Personal Information for any type of financial incentive. However, this practice could change in the future. If you would like to opt-out of any future sale of data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we protect data, transfer it, and for how long do we keep it?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, disclosed to improper parties, or misused and is not accessed except by our employees, contractors, and service providers in the proper performance of their duties. Although we use certain controls to prevent access to your data, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
ForAllSecure is a U.S. company. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, we transfer at least some Personal Information to the United States for processing, and our service providers may process Personal Information in the United States and elsewhere. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to the United States, we will protect it as described in this Notice. Data we collect may be transferred to, stored, and processed in any country or territory where one or more of our affiliates or service providers are based or have facilities. While other countries or territories may not have the same standards of data protection as those in your home country, we will continue to protect personal data that we transfer in line with this Privacy Notice.
We retain your data only for as long as we need to. We will retain and use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies. As explained further below, if our use of your data is subject to the GDPR and our only legal basis for processing your data is your consent, we will delete those portions of your Personal Information we are required to delete when you notify us of your withdrawal of your permission.
Other rights regarding your information
Depending on where you are located, you may have certain rights regarding your Personal Information.
Notice for California Residents
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights provided by statute once our business becomes subject to the requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). At that time, California law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you with the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
- Provide you with access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any. You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com. You will be required to verify your identity before we fulfill your request. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf, and you may still need to verify your identity directly with us.
Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. For example, we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Site to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Site.
The CCPA sets forth certain obligations for businesses that “sell” personal information. Based on the definition of “sell” under the CCPA and under current regulatory guidance, we do not believe we engage in such activity and have not engaged in such activity in the past twelve months.
Notice for Nevada Residents
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. “Personally identifiable information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.
We do not engage in the sale of personally identifiable information as that term is defined in Nevada’s statutes; however, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased or leased goods or services from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and you may still need to verify your identity directly with us.
We may update this Privacy Notice at any time and any changes will be effective upon posting. If there are substantial changes to the way we treat your Personal Information, we will display a notice through the Site prior to the change becoming effective. We may also notify you by email, in our discretion.
Specific Privacy Policies
Several of our products and/or services use data differently and as such are subject to separate privacy notices or policies which are available below and in the respective application. This Privacy Notice controls with respect to any subject not explicitly covered in a more specific privacy notice or policy, which case the more specific policy controls.
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice, would like a copy of some or all of your data, or would like to opt out of future sales of your data, please email us at email@example.com or write to us by mail addressed to 3710 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213.